Did you awaken in a panic because you forgot to move your Elf on the Shelf? Running out of Elf on the Shelf ideas? I’ve got your back with these Quick Elf on the Shelf Ideas!
My Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt Clues are super popular around this time year. Since everyone (including me) seems to be looking for ideas I thought I’d share more than enough to get you through the holiday season.
Elf on the Shelf ideas don’t have to involve Joanna Gaines level creativity. It can be as simple as moving him to a different spot each night.
Quick Elf on the Shelf Ideas for When You Forget to Move Your Elf
Quick Places to Pose Your Elf on the Shelf
If you don’t have the time or desire (let’s be honest) to do anything more than pose your Elf on the Shelf, these ideas are for you. Simply set your Elf in one of these places and call it a day!
- In or on top of the Christmas Tree
- Hanging out the top of a stocking
- Sitting on a ceiling fan blade
- Hiding under a couch cushion with his head poking out
- Behind mini blinds with half his body hanging through
- Sitting at the computer
- Sitting in the living room holding the remote
- Hanging out in the bathtub
- Reading books on the bookshelf
- Sitting on your bed (this one is perfect if the kids are awake because you can quickly grab him, run into your bedroom, and yell at the kids to come see what you found!)
- Hanging out in your purse
- Tuck him in a tissue box
- In or on a toy vehicle
Quick Elf on the Shelf Ideas with Props
Feeling clever and have a few extra minutes to spare? These quick Elf on the Shelf Ideas with props are great if you forgot to move Elf on the Shelf but the kids are still sleeping. Score!
- Toss mini marshmallows on the cupboard for an Elf on the Shelf snowball fight between another toy.
- Tie a string, rope, or ribbon to two objects and make an Elf on the Shelf zipline by taping his hands together around it.
- If you have Hershey Kisses handy unwrap a few for Elf on the Shelf “poops”.
- Tape Elf on the Shelf to a table leg and surround him with stuffed animals or action figures.
- Tuck the elf into a disposable container with a note that your child can carry them around today.
- Place an open package of snacks on the counter with the Elf on the Shelf inside like he enjoyed a midnight snack.
- Fill a bowl with goldfish, tie string to a pin and have your Elf on the Shelf go fishing.
- Draw faces on bananas with a marker and have the Elf sitting next to them holding the markers.
- Scribble on a page in a coloring book and have the Elf holding the crayon.
- Cover the Elf in stickers and set him on the table.
- If you have paper sacks laying around put the Elf in one and some other stand up toys each in one for a gunny sack race!
- Dump sprinkles out on the counter for Elf on the Shelf snow angels.
- Have Elf on the Shelf and a few others stuffed animals sitting around reading a book.
- Wrap Elf in the Shelf in foil, like a burrito.
- Hide candy canes around the house with a note from the Elf telling them to search for them.
- Put a straw in any kind of liquid and have the Elf drinking it.
- Use an Expo marker to draw mustaches on family members picture frames, and place the Elf nearby holding the marker.
- Trap the Elf under an upside down glass with a sign that says HELP!.
- Wrap toilet paper around the Christmas tree or other object and have the Elf sitting with the roll.
- Set up a quick board game like Candyland and have the Elf playing it.
- Put a couple ingredients on the counter and have the Elf sitting with your cookbook.
- Set the Elf on the couch with a movie and package of popcorn.
- Put the Elf on the sink with toothpaste and and a toothbrush.
- Wrap the Elf’s leg or arm in a bandage with a note that he’s injured and can’t move.
- Have the Elf get into candy with a doll.
Quick Elf on the Shelf Ideas in the Kitchen
If your house is like mine, I’m in the kitchen before the kids. This fact makes the kitchen a great place to hide Elf on the Shelf for me. If the same goes for you you’ll love these ideas!
- Put the Elf in the blender.
- Have the Elf sitting with a mug and straw.
- Set the Elf in a frying pan on the oven.
- Put marshmallows in the a pan and the Elf stirring them.
- Hide the Elf in the fridge, freezer, cupboard, or microwave.
- Tuck the Elf in the coffee pot carafe.
- Sit the Elf by the sink with a sponge like he’s washing dishes.
- Put cupcake liners in a cupcake tin and have the Elf getting ready to make cupcakes.
- Lay the Elf in a slot of the utensil tray.
Quick Elf on the Shelf Ideas with Printables
Have a printer at home? Grab one of these Elf on the Shelf Printables for a simple idea. Print them off now and have them ready to go for any given day!
- Elf Twister Game Printable
- Elf Kissing Booth Printable
- Elf Beach Towel and Sunglasses Printable
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Coloring Pages
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Elf Secret Message from Santa Printable
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Ideas Calendar
- Elf on the Shelf Printable Frozen Photo Shoot Cutouts
- Elf on the Shelf Taco Stand Printable