This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of 7UP®. The opinions and text are all mine. #7UPUPGRADE #Contest
Happy Thirsty Thursday! How has your week been going? If it’s been a bit rough, hopefully some friends and a 7UP Poke Cake Cocktail can turn it around. This is a cocktail that’s easy to mix together for any adult party. Our favorite TV shows are deep into storylines, basketball games are on TV, and streaming playlists are full of new movies. Lots of reasons to kick your feet up, pour yourself a glass, and have some adult fun!
When it comes to social nights with your friends, why not have your cake, and drink it too?! 😀 Poke Cakes are something I have enjoyed ever since I can remember. An easy way to add flavor and moistness to cakes and cupcakes, and this 7UP Poke Cake Cocktail is a twist on that favorite dessert! 7UP is more than just a refreshing drink, its versatility as a beverage and an ingredient makes it the perfect cornerstone of any social night.
7UP Poke Cake Cocktail
- 7UP – (you can choose regular, diet, or cherry flavor!)
- Cake flavored vodka – whatever your favorite brand is
- Melting white chocolate
First, pour the sprinkles into a small dish and melt the white chocolate in another small dish. Then dip the glass into the chocolate to cover the rim, and repeat in the sprinkles. This helps give the cocktail a bit more of a cupcake “feel”, like it’s frosted and sprinkled. Even my husband, who isn’t a big fan of vodka enjoyed this cocktail! He took a sip and said it actually tasted like a cupcake. Score! 😀
Once your glass is rimmed, it’s time to create the 7UP Poke Cake Cocktail. Pour in 1-2 shots of your favorite cake flavored vodka, depending on how strong you want your cocktail. Then, drop in four ice cubes and pour in 7UP until the glass is full.
If you fill the glass all the way up to the rim, it will start to change colors as the sprinkles bleed in! A fun touch to a delicious party drink, if you ask me. 😉 You can easily theme this 7UP Poke Cake Cocktail to your party theme, sports team you are cheering on, or colors of the event by simply changing up the sprinkles.
In addition to changing up sprinkles, you could also use Cherry 7UP to give it more of a cherry cake flavor. I’m a big fan of Shirley Temples so that is something I’m going to try the next time we get together with friends. Hopefully that is soon, because 7UP is on sale at Hy-Vee® to help save on this cocktail!
From February 12th, 2017 through March 11th, 2017, you can use a digital coupon at Hy-vee.com for Buy any TWO 6-pack 7.5 oz. cans or 8-pack 12 oz. bottles and get the third FREE! Plus, you can enter to WIN a $1,000 Hy-Vee gift card in the #MY7UPUpgrade Pinterest contest!
#MY7UPUpgrade Pinterest Contest Details
- You must be 21 years of age or older, and live in one of the following states to enter the contest: IA, IL, KS, MN, MO, NE, SD, WI
- The contest runs from 2/12/17 – 3/11/17
- To enter, create a Pin Board titled, “#MY7UPUPGRADE” and pin at least 10 inspirational images or articles that you’d like to use for your next social night. At least 5 of those pins must include 7UP in the image or article.
- All pins must include #MY7UPUPGRADE #Contest in the text
- After you have created your board and pinned your pins, register your board at www.7UP.com/Hy-Vee to be entered to win a $1,000 Hy-Vee gift card to hosthttp://www.7UP.com/Hy-Vee your next social night! (All qualified entrants will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on creativity and best aligning with the 7UP brand.)
PIN 7UP Poke Cake Cocktail