I partnered with Scholastic to share these exciting vacation announcement scavenger hunts for kids!
As Alexander Graham Bell said “when one door closes, another opens”. Right now, the classroom doors are closing and the family vacation doors are opening.
Saving, planning, prepping, packing, and everything in between. Part of that in between may include surprising kids with a vacation!
If you have Can’t Wait for School Break-itis you’re going to love these Vacation Announcement Scavenger Hunts for Kids to help you plan a fun vacation reveal!
Printable Vacation Announcement Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Are going somewhere unbelievably amazing like Disney World or an amusement park? Headed to the beach or cabin on the lake? Maybe taking a scenic road trip?
I have Vacation Announcement Scavenger Hunts for Kids that will help you with a surprise vacation reveal! Pick whichever scavenger hunt fits your family vacation, and get ready to watch the kids smile.
–> Beach Vacation <–
These beach vacation scavenger hunt clues also work for other water themed vacation. With water and swimming clues leading to the reveal of the destination.
Want to leave gifts with your beach vacation scavenger hunt? Googles, beach towel, swimsuit, and sandcastle tools are great options!
If you don’t have a printer, here are the Beach Vacation Announcement Scavenger Hunt Clues to write down on paper:
- Boy do I have a surprise for you! Where you “swim” in the house is the next clue. (Give this clue to your child)
- Great job, world class swimmer! Ride the waves to where you eat dinner. (hide clue in the bathtub)
- Grab your goggles and dive deep! Find the next clue where you sleep. (hide clue somewhere on/under the dining room table)
- No resting yet, you’re almost done. A surprise is waiting where there’s movie fun. (hide clue in pillowcase or on/under bed)
- Hide surprise near home movies, DVD player, TV stand, couch, etc.)
–> Amusement Park Vacation <–
Want to surprise your kids with a Disney vacation or theme park trip? Use these amusement park vacation scavenger hunt clues teasing rides and excitement.
Want to leave gifts with your amusement park scavenger hunt? Items themed to the park, printables or special discounts from the parks website, and DIY family vacation t-shirts are great ideas.
If you don’t have a printer, here are the Amusement Park Vacation Announcement Scavenger Hunt Clues:
- A thrilling adventure awaits. Find the next clue where germs hate. (Give this clue to your chilld)
- Get ready for a bumpy ride. The next clue is where food hides.(hide the clue near the bathroom sink or soap)
- Buckle up and hold on tight. Another clue coming, look for the light. (hide clue in the fridge, freezer, or kitchen cupboard)
- You’ve reached the end of this ride. Head to the porch for a heart-pounding surprise (hide clue under a lamp or in a light fixture)
- Hide surprise on the porch or in the mailbox)!
–> Road Trip Vacation Scavenger Hunt <–
Packing up the car for a family road trip vacation to somewhere special? Use these road trip vacation scavenger hunt clues for kids to break the news.
Want to leave gifts with these adventurous clues? Road trip car games, sunglasses, and a snack box filled with their favorite treats are great ideas.
If you don’t have a printer, here are the Road Trip Vacation Announcement Scavenger Hunt Clues:
- Adventure is waiting, let the fun begin! Find the next clue where the mail comes in. (Give this clue to your child)
- Fun around every corner, so much to do! Better hydrate with water, like your next clue. (hide clue in the mailbox)
- Nooks and crannies, new places galore. The next clue is hiding behind a closet door. (hide clue near a faucet, water jug, or home water dispenser)
- It’s the end of the road but it has been fun! A surprise awaits where laundry gets done. (hide clue taped inside a closet door)
- Hide surprise in the washer or dryer or laundry basket)