50 Things To Do as a Family Without Technology
Happy Monday Mamas! I hope you had a fulfilling weekend and are ready for the new week.
A lot of purging and cleaning were done, plans started for turning our garage into a bedroom, and many board games played. My 11-year-old son even traded in his Xbox controller for Chutes and Ladders with the twins! I love that everyone was having fun without technology.
Not only is 2018 our year of teaching teens life skills but it’s also our year of more things to do as a family without technology! My kids don’t overindulge in video games or cell phone usage, but technology has been on my mind a lot recently.
The way YouTube videos affect kids behavior, how social media makes being a teenager even more difficult, and the list goes on. Sometimes I wish for simpler times.
We will never be a completely tech-free family because we love our Netflix Family Movie Nights, but there will be a bigger focus on things to do with family without technology this year.
I’ve made a list of 50 things to do as a family without technology. Some of these are activities to do with kids at home and others take you out and about exploring the city and beyond. Add some to your calendar and make it a year filled with tech-free family fun!
Things To Do with Family Without Technology
- Play a board game
- Go for a walk
- Put a puzzle together
- Visit a local museum
- Spend some time at the public library
- Play at the park
- Bake treats together
- Build a blanket fort and tell ghost stories
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Have a dance party in the living room
- Set up a tea party with dolls and stuffed animals
- Play card games
- Have a spa day and paint nails
- Get out the craft supplies and paint or draw
- Write a family story with pictures
- Look through old photo albums
- Go bowling
- Have a water gun or water balloon fight
- Pack a picnic for the park or the living room
- Build with LEGOs or blocks
- Go on bike ride
- Visit grandparents
- Go roller skating
- Get out the chalk and draw all over the sidewalk or driveway
- Write letters to friends or family members
- Play charades
- Plant a garden
- Have a Backyard Family Carnival
- Make construction paper crafts: paper airplanes, cone party hats, paper chains, etc.
- Paint rocks and go rock hunting
- Make homemade erupting volcanos
- Fly kites
- Go geocaching
- Play 20 Questions and learn more about each other
- Start a Family Tree
- Go fishing
- Go swimming
- Play an outdoor game: basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, etc
- Take a cooking class together
- Volunteer as a family
- Jump in the car and explore a nearby town or city
- Have fun thrift store hopping
- Run through the sprinkler
- Roast s’mores over the fire
- Find old or unmatched socks and make sock puppets
- Turn old boxes into imagination filled adventures
- Camp out in the backyard
- Play an old-school game like kick the can or capture the flag
- Plan a night of minute to win it challenges
- Load up the car and go for a scenic drive
What are some of your favorite things to do with your kids that don’t involve technology?