I’ve rounded up the best books for twins you can add to your bookshelf. There are books for identical twins, books for boy girl twins, and even a couple book series for older twins.
We have a few of these already and Fraturtles was our first. It actually helped me explain to my twins that they are twins and since then they haven’t stopped telling anyone who will listen that they are twins!
(This post contains affiliate links)
The Best Book for Twins
When you break the news to your twins that they are twins, these books for twins about twins may help them learn a little bit more about being a twin!
Books for Twins
- Bathtime for Twins – A cute and playful board book that brings bathtime to life.
- Playtime for Twins – Rhyming and engaging story all about twins and play time.
- Two Times the Fun – This Beverly Cleary book about twins Jimmy and Janet is the first book about twins I purchased!
- Little Miss Twins – Travel to Twoland with the Little Miss Twins!
- No Two Alike – This board book follows two birds on a winter journey.
- Always Twins – An adorable tale of two duckling twins, Olivia and Lily.
- The Princess Twins Collection – This “I Can Read” series includes four books.
- The Twins’ Blankets – A story about five-year-old twins who don’t know how not to share.
- Twindergarten – This is a great one for twins starting school!
- Two is for Twins – Brightly illustrated board book about the joys of twindom.
- Twinderella – A Fractioned Fairy Tale – The story of when Cinderella had a twin sister.
- Take Two: A Celebration of Twins – A hardcover collection of twin poems and pictures.
- Twins in the Park – An easy to read along story about adventures in the park.
Boy Girl Twins Books
- Twin to Twin – Cute rhyming book about twins.
- Fraturtles – This is one we read to the twins quite often!
- Lucy and Henry Are Twins – A rhythmic story about brother and sister twins doing things together and apart.
- The Twinniest Twins -Beautiful watercolor illustrations tell the story about the joys of being a twin.
- Good Night, I Love You – Great bedtime board book for twins!
Books for Older Twins
- The Tuttle Twins Book Series – Follow the adventures of 12-year-old boy girl twins Abigail and John.
- The Tuttle Twins Book Series – Ethan and Emily are the Tuttle Twins who take you on adventures while teaching you about liberty.
- Books for Girls: TWINS Books Series – This series follows the lives of twin sisters Ali and Casey.
- The Tapper Twins Book Series – Claudia and Reese are 12-year-old boy girl twins navigating middle school.
Do your twins have a favorite book right now?
Check out my post on Books About Twins and Twin Parenting for more!