(This post is in partnership with USFamilyGuide. Any opinions are 100% my own. Photo Credit: Visit Myrtle Beach)
I’ve been to South Carolina once, for a blogging conference in Charleston. It was a beautiful city with lots of neat art and lots of delicious food. Going back to SC is something I’ve wanted to do even before I left, but I wasn’t quite sure where I wanted to visit next. Enter Myrtle Beach.
What To Do in Myrtle Beach
Never having been to Myrtle Beach, this beautiful coastline city has my interest peaked with its views of the Atlantic Oceans and variety of activities everyone can enjoy.
Here’s a list of all the things I would do if I was taking kids on a vacation to Myrtle Beach, and seriously, this is just a small snippet of all the fun you can have!
- Dolphin Cruise: any chance I get I would go on one of these. I’ve gone twice in Florida and saw several dolphins both times. Not to mention how knowledgeable these captains are of the area so you learn some neat stuff!
- WonderWorks: An indoor amusement park for the mind, this would be perfect for all of my kids and even me and the hubby!
- The Backstage Mirror Maze: I may need migraine meds after this but it sounds fun! “A high quality, uniquely designed walk-through family attraction. No matter what your age you will love getting lost over and over again. You will be challenged by infinite psychedelic reflections, surprising corners, dead ends, and continuous circles.” What do you think…would you do it?
- ONE The Show at Alabama Theater: Word is this is a must–see show delivering America’s best live entertainment with music, dance and comedy. It runs February through October at North Myrtle Beach’s main entertainment venue.
- The Track: This would be a must for my family with go-kart tracks, kiddie tracks, and more!
- Skywheel: Miles of views of the Atlantic Ocean and Myrtle Beach coastline from 200ft above the boardwalk? Yes, please!
- Carousel Ride at Barefoot Landing: A place filled with shops, restaurants, and entertainment but I want to go for the carousel! An authentic representation of a long-ago Barnum & Bailey carousel that features 41 animals cast from original molds!
- Family Kingdom Amusement Park: We couldn’t visit Myrtle Beach without a stop here and experiencing over 38 rides and an oceanfront waterpark! Can you imagine the views from atop one of those rollercoasters?!
- Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament: I’ve been to something similar with my husband and I know my kids would have SO much fun at this!
- Ripley’s Aquarium: One of my kids’ favorite stops at our local Henry Doorly Zoo is the aquarium. When I saw Ripley’s line up in Myrtle Beach included an aquarium it had to go on the list!
If you are not familiar with The Caravelle Resort, the newly renovated, oceanfront efficiency condo offers room for up to four guests and includes a fully-equipped kitchen. When traveling with family, having a kitchen is a huge bonus!
The resort offers a prime Myrtle Beach location with convenient access to all of the area’s major attractions, restaurants, and things to do. With a wide variety of on-site amenities including an indoor pool, block-long poolscape with a large pool, whirlpool, lazy river, kiddie lazy river, kids’ pool, poolside bar, and lots of relaxing options on the deck. So much in one place for families to enjoy!