When you’re expecting twins, and begin making your list, strollers are usually somewhere on it. Shopping for strollers for twins was different then previous stroller shopping adventures I had been on with singletons.
(This post contains affiliate links.)
There are still several options for a mom of twins, but different things to think about when shopping the best strollers for twins.
How well will the stroller fit in store aisles?
How hard will the stroller be to push up hills at the zoo, with two kiddos? How well will a double stroller fit in the trunk of the car?
We actually ended up using both a Tandem Stroller and a Side by Side Umbrella Stroller, until the twins were old enough for a wagon. Those experiences have helped me put together this Ultimate Strollers for Twins Guide to help you make your decision.
Ultimate Strollers for Twins Guide
Tandem strollers offer space for two or more children. There are styles that allow for connectable car seats, offer reversible seats, and even grow with your children. After using a tandem stroller for a few years, I’ve come up with some pros and cons.
Pros: Good amount of storage space, fits easily on sidewalks and in store aisles, reversible seats let the twins to talk to each other as they get older.
Cons: Takes up a good amount of trunk space and can wear you out pushing up hills.
- Contours Options Elite Tandem Stroller – This is the one we used for almost two years with the twins. I loved the reversible seats option, and it does accommodate two car seats.
- Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller
- Baby Jogger 2016 Double Stroller
- Summer Infant 3D Double Stroller
Side by Side Double Strollers
Deciding to go with a tandem stroller and a side by side stroller was great for us. There were situations and adventures where one worked better than the other.
If you can have both, I would highly recommend it. If you are trying to decide between the two, here are my pros and cons on side by side double strollers.
I also used a side by side double stroller with my twins and it was a space saver when it came to storing in the car and we even flew to Florida with one. But, it did lack storage space.
Pros: Took up less trunk space, easy to push for longer amounts of time, traveled easily.
Cons: Small amount of storage space, inconvenient on small sidewalks and in department stores.
- Joovy Scooter Double Stroller Side by Side
- Baby Jogger City Mini Double Side by Side Stroller
- Kolcraft Cloud Side by Side Stroller
- Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller
- Delta Children City Street Side by Side Stroller – We used a Delta Side by Side after the twins turned one and it came in handy a lot!
What kind of strollers for twins have you used and what did you love about them?