This review and Ultimate Poptropica Merchandise Guide were made possible by iConnect and Poptropica Worlds. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions stated are 100% mine. This post may contain affiliate links.
As a parent, it can be hard knowing what sites websites are safe for kids. Between streaming videos and online games there is a whole other world on the internet. My kids first started playing Poptropica® a few years ago. Poptropica is a virtual world in which kids explore and play in complete safety. It’s quite the popular game with over 2 million monthly active users from around the world being entertained and informed by Poptropica’s engaging quests, stories and games!
New Poptropica Worlds
Why is this virtual world so fun? Kids create a “Poptropican” character to travel the many Islands of Poptropica and use gaming literacy to enjoy a narrative that is often rooted in factual history.
Problem-solving skills are honed as kids discover and solve mysteries unique to each Island. Things have gotten even more fun with Poptropica launching the new Poptropica Worlds App on May 23rd, 2017!
StoryArc Media’s Poptropica has launched Poptropica Worlds, a reimagining of the safe, engaging, interactive and learning world that, for a decade, has consistently captivated millions of kids 6-12. It is a seamless gaming experience between web and mobile.
Before we jump into the Ultimate Poptropica Merchandise Guide, let’s talk about the new Poptropica Worlds app you can download for iOS and Android right now! First, did you know that this immersive and interactive storytelling world was created by Jeff Kinney, author Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series?! No wonder my kids like it so much!
In Poptropica Worlds, kids are empowered to explore a chain of story-based islands where they battle monsters, solve mysteries, and complete quests as their personalized Poptropican avatar.
An avatar they create and build out themselves. By engaging with Poptropica, kids explore such learning fundamentals as literacy and problem solving, as well as 21st Century skills and other subjects that are customizable to their interests.
Fun Facts about Poptropica Worlds
- Poptropica Worlds launched with a new customizable “House” on Home Island. It will be an extension of the player’s avatar that reflects the adventures they choose within the game.
- Poptropica Worlds also launched with a new story island, Crisis Caverns, about a supervolcano that threatened to blow Poptropica sky high. Crisis Caverns, modeled after the supervolcano in Yellowstone National Park, focuses on teaching geology concepts.
- Disney is the official exclusive launch partner of Poptropica Worlds! That means users will be able to enjoy the immersive branded Cars 3 game on Poptropica Worlds.
The Poptropica ecosystem now includes games, books, and merchandise, and to celebrate the new launch, check out this Ultimate Poptropica Merchandise Guide for some sweet stuff!
Ultimate Poptropica Merchandise Guide
If your kids want to dive more into the worlds and characters of Poptropica, this list of Poptropica Books will do it!
- Poptropica: The Offical Guide
- The Mystery of the Map: Book 1
- The Lost Expedition: Book 2
- The Secret Society: Book 3
- The End of Time: Book 4
- Poptropica Mad Libs
- Poptropica Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Island Creator Kit
- Pencil Warrior
Poptropica Video Games
Take the game playing onto your Nintendo DS with two Poptropica video games!
Bring the fun into real life play time with these Poptropica action figures!
- Cowardly Lion Pocketeer Mini Figure
- Hamburger Pocketeer Mini Figure
- Dr. Hare Action Figure
- Shark Boy Action Figure
- Shark Boy Plush
- Dr. Hare Plush
Poptropica is part of Sandbox & Co’s group of award-winning products, platforms and brands. The group consists of Hopster, Tinybop, SuperAwesome, TeacherVision, FamilyEducation and more. Together, the group currently reaches over 20 million kids, parents and teachers worldwide every month, helping to drive the Education 2.0 revolution through interactivity, creativity, exploration and personalization