*I was provided with everything but travel to attend the Facing Fears Together Event. Any opinions and tips for staying at Cabana Bay Beach Resort are 100% my own.
While Facing Fears Together at Halloween Horror Nights 24 at Universal Studios, I got the chance to check out a resort I have been wanting to visit. Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a retro-themed resort that offers family suites, standard rooms, and some awesome recreational activities.
As soon as I stepped into my room, I knew I had to bring the family back. If you are planning a trip to Universal Orlando Resort, here are my Tips for Staying at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort!
Tips for Staying at
Cabana Bay Beach Resort
The Cabana Bay Beach Resort Family Suites have lots of great features that can be helpful to know when planning your stay.
- In-Room Kitchenette Fridge, Coffee Pot, and Microwave
- Iron, Ironing Board, and Blowdryer are In-Room
- Two Beds, Two Flat Screen TVs, Couch with Pull-Out Bed, Chairs, and Barstools
- Slide out door separates living room area from bedroom area.
- The Shower is a in a separate room with a sink, the toilet is in a separate room and the vanity is between them. Three people can be getting ready at the same time.
There is a variety of things to do on property at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
- Take in a game of bowling at Galaxy Bowl! This was a lot of fun and they have some great food and drinks as well. Bring your socks or buy a bright-colored pair to remember the adventure.
- Cool off with a dip in the pool, a slide down the slide, or relaxing drift down the lazy river. They have tubes available to purchase and offer free swim diapers for the little ones.
- Adults can grab a beverage at Swizzle Lounge. Right inside the lobby, it’s a great place to relax before heading out or heading home.
- Movies at Dark are offered each night out by the pool. While I was there Shrek and Despicable Me were both playing. It would be a fun way to wrap up an adventurous day with the family.
- Take in an old school game, like my favorite….Skeeball, at the onsite arcade.
- Grab a bite to eat at Galaxy Bowl, Bayliner Diner, various poolside eateries, Starbucks, and even have pizza delivered right to your door. Make sure you pick up a Cabana Bay Beach Resort refillable cup too! You pay per day and can refill it during your stay for free. Icees, coffee, tea, soda from the Freestyle Machine, and more.
Overall I had a fantastic time staying at Cabana Bay Beach Resort and would definitely stay again! The staff was super friendly, the atmosphere was fun, the area was clean, and the location had everything I could ask for when staying at Universal Orlando Resort.
Here are a few more tips for staying at Cabana Bay Beach Resort:
- Complimentary Wifi in the Rooms and Resort Areas!
- Shop at the Universal Orlando Resort Store that is right on property!
- If you need to make a collect call, it is cheaper to go to the Universal Orlando Resort Store and buy a calling card. Thanks to the Front Desk Attendant for that tip!
- Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk are all within walking distance. There is also a Resort Shuttle that runs about every 5 minutes during peak times.
- Resort Guests get admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter an hour earlier than non-Resort Guests.