Now that we are seeing some warmer weather here in the Midwest, our Henry Doorly Zoo Membership is getting a lot of use. The twins LOVE the zoo and as soon as we get home, they are asking to return. We can’t go everyday so I’ve had to get creative. We look back through all the pictures we took while at the zoo, we set up stuffed animals around the house and visit the “indoor zoo,” and we play animal games on our tablets!
If you have zoo loving, or animal loving kiddos, here are some great animal apps for toddlers that will keep them entertained. Best off all, they are all FREE on Google Play! 😀
Three Free Animal Apps for Toddlers
The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Animal Sounds App encourages baby to interact with animations and sound effects. You can tap, tile, or shake, your device to set the learning world in motion. The twins love this app because it’s colorful, has their favorite animals, and of course the animal sounds! This app is designed for babies 6 months+ and features include:
- Tap, tilt or shake the screen to interact with the animals.
- Music Time with two sung songs.
- Teaches animals, animal sounds, first words, and action/reaction.
The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Let’s Count Animals App encourages babies to learn about numbers and animals through animations and sound effects! The twins have recently started to count to three….maybe because they’ve been getting into more trouble lately causing mommy to count more….either way, they love counting the animals in this app. This app is designed for babies 6 months+ and features include
- Tap or tilt the screen to interact with the animals. The animals are counted when baby taps or slides across the screen.
- Music Time with two sung songs!
- Teaches numbers and counting 1-10, animals, first words and action/reaction.
Animals for Kids (Free)
The Animals for Kids App is a fun and educational game designed for children 1 – 4. Toddlers can learn animal names, sounds, and more through various photos of the animals, and glimpses into their world. If you have kiddos like Mr. Oliver, who love real life animals, this is the app for them! Features include:
- Designed like Animal Flashcards
- Fun Game to test understanding + a reward of applause and balloons!
- In the free app, the animals are divided into three groups: “domestic animals and pets”, “forest animals”, and “animals of the world” (animals that live in Asia, Africa, the Arctic, and Antarctic).
- NO unrealistic drawings! You get full-length beautiful pictures that resemble actual animals (as they look in real life), which helps the child easily remember their names and features.