This post has been sponsored by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. All thoughts and reviews are my own.
A van full of four kids and two adults can get interesting on the road. Loud and messy come to mind right away. That doesn’t stop us from taking road trips though. Near or far, I make sure to pack my road trip must haves when traveling with kids. Yes, sunscreen and snacks are important, but there are a few other things I pack in my bag to help keep everyone sane in the car.
Road Trip Must Haves When Traveling with Kids
All four of my kids have a tablet or phone of some sort. Four electronic devices going off at once is not my kind of idea of an epic family road trip. Headphones are a must when traveling in the car. The kids can each watch their own movies without annoying the person next to them. They can also put them on when they want to cut out some of the noise in the car.
Road Trip Games for Kids
Auto Bingo was one of my favorite road trip games growing up, and one I keep in the car for the kids. This is a fun game for both short and long road trips and usually one we get out at the halfway point. Another fun game that doesn’t require anything but cars on the road is License Plate Alphabet. Go through the alphabet in order from a to z by finding the letters on license plates.
A neck pillow is one of my newest road trip must haves. I use one when I fly, but I’ve also been bringing it along for long car rides. I don’t necessarily sleep with it, but it gives me some relief after sitting for a long time. It’s also great for relaxing your neck if you’ve been turning around to break up sibling fights on road trips!
You know how quickly kids catch germs, and summer vacation isn’t spared. It never fails that someone starts feeling ill right before or during vacation. When sick gets real, it’s important to have essentials on hand to get your little ones back to feeling better. For us, a variety of medicines are road trip must haves when traveling with kids. With kids ranging from 4 years old to 15 years old, I like to cover my bases. The pediatric brands of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare offers three solutions, Children’s Advil®, Children’s Robitussin® and Children’s Dimetapp® to tackle the ickiest of symptoms of all my kids.
Making sure everyone has their own water bottle has been a life saver on road trips. We leave with full bottles and can fill them up at rest stops when we need to. No one fights over whose drink is whose, and water bottles are also a great way to save money on road trips.
Packing cubes are on my road trip must haves list for two reasons. One, they help keep everything organized when you are spending a lot of time in a vehicle. Not only are they great for organizing clothes in suitcases, but they are also great for organizing snacks and games in the car. Two, they come in handy for dirty clothes. Road trips with kids often mean spills and messes. If you have to change while on the road, a packing cube is a great place to stick the dirty clothes.
Hopefully some of my road trip must haves when traveling kids will help make your trip smoother. Keeping medicines on hand to ease those aches and pains will help you reach your destination on time and worry free. My picks include:
- Children’s Advil® is a great solution for kids as young as 2 and up to 11. Available in several great-tasting flavors, including: Sugar-free Dye-free Berry, Bubble Gum, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Fruit and Dye-Free White Grape flavors. You can also find Infants’ Advil® White Grape, which provides unsurpassed fever relief (among OTC pain relievers) with a syringe for easy dosing for children 6-23 months.
- Children’s Robitussin® Extended-Release 12 Hour Cough Relief controls and relieves your child’s cough symptoms all-day or all- night. Available in grape or orange flavor, for children ages 4 and up. (Please note, certain Children’s Robitussin® products are only suitable for children ages 6 and up.)
- Children’s Dimetapp® Multi-Symptom Cold Relief Dye-Free eases your child’s stuffy and runny nose, while quieting a bothersome cough. All in a great-tasting grape flavor that’s dye-free, for children ages 6 and up.
Thanks to Pfizer, one lucky Mom on the Side reader is going to WIN a Sick Just Got Real Prize Pack!
$25 virtual Visa Gift Card for online purchases
(1) Children’s Advil® Suspension, Grape
(1) Children’s Robitussin ® Extended-Release 12 Hour Cough Relief
(1) Children’s Dimetapp® Multi-Symptom Cold Relief Dye-Free
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW
**It is important to remember to always read and keep the cartons for complete warnings and dosing information on Pfizer Pediatric products and to use as directed.
a Rafflecopter giveaway