Preparing the nursery and, getting the twins nursery painted, has given me a bit of inner calmness. I’m about 4 months away from my due date but with the doctor’s warning of “twins can come early”, I wanted to make sure I was ready.
We used Sherwin Williams Chip It! to help select the colors of the twins nursery. This past weekend we started preparing the nursery and turning the walls into a gender neutral nursery paradise!
We chose Sherwin Williams Emerald Semi Gloss in China Doll for the top portion and Sherwin Williams Emerald Semi Gloss in Dromedary Camel for the lower portion. Even my husband loved it and said they were great nursery room colors!
To easily paint a wall two colors, we painted on the top coat first as it was lighter. Then taped off and painted on the second coat, or darker paint, to make a nice line.
Preparing the Nursery: Tips for Painting a Nursery Room
1) Select a color your twins can grow with year after year.
2) Choose a paint that cleans easily, especially because you are covering walls in a high traffic area.
3) Make sure you have enough supplies before you get started. Tape, rollers, paint brushes, old newspaper or sheets for floor coverage, etc.
4) Look for paints with low or no VOC. The Sherwin Williams Emerald Line that we used has zero VOC – even after colorants are added! If you are curious VOC is, volatile organic compound, and contributes to the “new paint smell”.
5) If you have decor or a theme you are focused on, use Sherwin Williams Chip It! to match up paint colors.
6) Not sure if a color will look right? Use the Sherwin Williams Color Visualizer to see it on your walls.
7) Don’t take the grumpiness of your husband personal. If he is like mine, he’s just tired after a long week of labor work and wants to watch football.
After all was said and done with painting the twins nursery, I was very impressed with the Sherwin Williams Emerald Line. A little secret, we didn’t even need to use primer since it is self-priming!
Yeah for saving time and money! Not only do the walls look beautiful, but they will wash easily and won’t stain. Two things I was looking for when painting in children’s rooms. With a lifetime warranty, I can rest easy knowing my walls are set for many many years to come.
*I was provided with paint from Sherwin Williams for my posting. Any opinions are honest and 100% my own.