Most of us only know the life we are born into. You got to experience the other side.
This year marks 31 years since the original Overboard movie with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell came out. With a hilarious fresh take on this iconic romantic movie and a little twist, the new Overboard is once again bringing families together over a heartwarming comedy. One you will want to watch for your next family movie night and I’ve got an Overboard Giveaway to help with that!
(This post in partnership with Lionsgate)
Overboard on Blu-ray and DVD releases July 31st from Lionsgate, and is available digitally starting TODAY, July 17th! The 2018 version of Overboard stars Eugenio Derbez (How to Be a Latin Lover), Anna Faris (The House Bunny), and Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives) and is actually pretty fantastic. I am a big fan of Farris after meeting her a few years ago in LA, but I only let that affect about 15% of my opinion of the film. The other 85% is because it really is a great movie!
So, that twist I mentioned. In this Overboard film, the roles are reversed from the original film. This time around Derbez is a spoiled wealthy yacht owner who becomes the target of revenge from his mistreated employee played by Faris.
In a splashy new twist, Overboard focuses on Leonardo (Derbez), a selfish, spoiled, rich playboy from Mexico’s richest family and Kate (Faris), a working-class single mom of three hired to clean Leonardo’s luxury yacht. After unjustly firing Kate and refusing to pay her, Leonardo falls overboard when partying too hard and wakes up on the Oregon coast — with amnesia. Kate shows up at the hospital and, to get payback, convinces Leonardo he is her husband and puts him to work — for the first time in his life. At first miserable and inept, Leonardo slowly settles in. Eventually he earns the respect of his new “family” and coworkers. But with Leonardo’s billionaire family hot on their trail and the possibility of his memory returning at any moment, will their new family last or will Leonardo finally put the clues together and leave them for good?
Bring home Overboard on Blu-ray and DVD starting July 31st or stream it digitally starting today! Now, about that giveaway! One of the first meals Leonardo really works hard at making for his “new” family is spaghetti. You see, the kids aren’t too fond of Kate’s sauce, something they have to choke down before Leo and again when Leo leaves. So he finds a spaghetti sauce recipe in a magazine and wows them at the dinner table.
For that reason, I’ve got an awesome Overboard Pasta Prize package to help you plan a delicious family dinner and family movie night! The prize pack includes:
Overboard on Blu-Ray
Pasta and Italian Seasoning
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW