I’m a big fan of one dish meals like Chicken, Potatoes, and Veggies. There is less cleanup involved and generally less time spent in the kitchen. It’s a win win for everyone! If you love one pot meals like me, you are going to love this One Pot Cashew Chicken and Broccoli Recipe. It’s even better after partnering with Minute® Ready to Serve Rice to revamp this into a more wholesome and easier one pot meal!
One Pot Cashew Chicken and Broccoli isn’t just a great dinner, which makes it a great time to revamp this recipe to make it even easier. If you are looking new lunch ideas for the thermos, this makes an easy go-to lunch for you or your family as you approach the busy back-to-school season, too!
One Pot Cashew Chicken and Broccoli Ingredients
- 4 cups raw broccoli
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken ( you can even use canned chicken if you’re in a rush)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- At the end of cooking, add 1/4 cup water mixed with 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Minute® Ready to Serve Rice in Brown Rice or Basmati Rice
One Pot Cashew Chicken and Broccoli Directions
1) Add broccoli, cashews, onion, cooked chicken, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, oil and chicken stock to a large skillet. Heat on high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
2) When boiling is reached, reduce to medium heat and let boil for 7-8 minutes, or unti broccoli is tender.
3) When the broccoli is cooked, stir in the corn starch water blend to thicken the sauce. Stir until a well blended sauce forms.
4) Remove from heat and serve over Minute Ready to Serve Rice in Brown Rice or Basmati Rice, two new RTS rice flavors. I had both on hand for this meal because it would be a miracle if anyone in my family liked the exact same thing. 😀 Plus, if you’re looking for a healthy option, Minute Ready to Serve Rice provides easy portion control since it’s conveniently packaged in two individual single-serve cups.
5) Eat & Enjoy!
With all the different flavors available, try mixing in your favorite ingredients with your favorite Minute Ready to Serve Rice. For example: Mix in a protein and veggie, plus a sauce/seasoning or cheese, for a quick meal. Those two words are music to my ears……quick meal.
Give this One Pot Cashew Chicken and Broccoli Recipe a try, and check out all varieties of Minute Ready to Serve Rice available including:
- Brown & Quinoa
- Basmati Rice
- Jasmine Rice
- White Rice
- Whole Grain options including Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice and Multi-Grain Medley
- and more!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.