This shop and Grilled Cheese Bacon Burgers have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KetchupWithFrenchs #CollectiveBias
Sometimes, there’s nothing better than your family at the dinner table. Gathering around delicious food and chatting about the day with your kids.
Simple and soul filling. Belly-filling too, especially when Grilled Cheese Bacon Burgers with Fry Cups are on the menu!
Dinner is 99% about the food, and the other 1% goes towards family fun in our house. Sometimes it’s random family dinner questions, like “what would you place in a time capsule to be opened in 100 years?”, which I recently asked and the answers were quite hilarious.
Other ways we make mealtime fun are playing bingo, grabbing a card game out of the family dinner box, and even making dinner itself fun. Fry cups do just that when you’re serving Grilled Cheese Bacon Burgers.
Grilled Cheese Bacon Burgers
- 1lb of Hamburger for 4 flat and square-shaped burger patties – they fill the bread better than a round patty. 😉
- 8 Slices of Texas Toast (buttered on one side)
- French’s Ketchup
- Pickle Slices
- 8 Slices of Cheese – we used sharp cheddar and white cheddar.
- 8 Slices Bacon
Grill up your burgers however you’d like. For me, that was on the stove and took less than 10 minutes thanks to the thinness of the patties.
While the patties are cooking, butter your bread slices and cook the bacon. I opted for microwaved bacon to keep this is a fast family meal.
When the burgers are done cooking, it’s time to assemble the sandwich for grilling. Place one slice of cheese on the bottom, and top it with a burger patty.
Place two pickles and a squiggly coverage of French’s Ketchup, made with real ingredients, like real sugar and high-quality tomatoes, for great tasting ketchup! You can find it in the condiments aisle at Walmart when you are ready to make this grilled cheese burger.
Top that with bacon, another slice of cheese, and the other slice of bread. Now you are ready to put your Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger back in the pan to cook like a grilled cheese sandwich!
You want to reach through the screen and take a bite of that yummy grilled cheeseburger, don’t you? Based on this creation, it’s probably no surprise that I’m a big fan of patty melts.
Which makes it feel like cheating when I say that I like this combination better! I do love mushrooms, but there is just something about bacon and pickles.
Then you add to that French’s, that deliciously complements your favorite foods, and well you’ve got one tasty sandwich! Oh, and fry cups, can’t forget about the simplest thing that made the twins night.
Yeah, I could have just squirted ketchup on the plate, tossed down some fries and called it dinner time. Who would have thought that a tiny cup filled with French’s would have made toddlers giddy about dinner. I literally just squeezed ketchup into tiny containers and stood the fries up inside of it.
The kids dug right in and it was fun to watch, plus a lot less messy. When they asked for more French’s and fries, I filled the container right up.
I didn’t feel bad about those seconds because this is a ketchup free from high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and flavors, preservatives, and GMOs, where possible.
Making mealtime fun and delicious is just one part of motherhood. A part I look forward to almost every day because I’m not only providing them with the nourishment they need, but also putting smiles on their faces.
Something French’s is also doing, meal by meal. Through a partnership with Feeding America, French’s is doing its part in the community by donating 10 million meals in 2017. How awesome is that?!
How do you make mealtime fun for your kids?