Man do the twins love apples. Well, all my kids do but especially the twins. They are always on the grocery list, trips to the local orchard are a must each Fall, and apple cider has always been one of my favorite drinks. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to make a craft with apples! These DIY Apple Stamps are the perfect thing to do with bruised apples, or apples past their prime.
DIY Apple Stamps
To make Apple Stamps, all you need are apples, some paint, newspaper or paper plates for the paint, and what ever you are decorating with apple stamps. I had lots of white paper bags on hand for park lunches. We jazzed them up with red and blue apple stamps.
Before you use the apples as stamps, cut them in half and let them sit on the counter for an hour. This lets them dry out a bit so the juice doesn’t thin the paint. Once they are dry, squirt your paint colors on plates and go to apple stamping town.
You may want to keep a paint brush on hand to remove any excess paint off your apple stamp. You want a nice thin layer of coverage so you can really see the outline of the apple. DIY Apple Stamps are super easy to make and there are tons of things you can decorate. Burlap to tie around a Fall flower basket, board to use as a Fall sign, art the kids can hang on the fridge, and so much more!
For more fun Fall projects and recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Paleo Apple Butter Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Wooden Apples Craft from Mom Does it All
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata from My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from Simply Southern Mom
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Crazy Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Crepes with Apple Butter from Our Family World
- Apple Monkey Bread Muffins from Upstate Ramblings
- How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar from MommaDJane
- DIY Glittered Sneakers from Style on Main
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Apple Pie Ice Cream from Home and Garden Cafe
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World