2000 is the year this casserole entered my life. Visiting my cousin at college I found a tupperware in his fridge. Jon and Andy Casserole is what my aunt called it, named after her sons. Since taking my first bite, I’ve spoiled my husband a few times a year with what we now call Crunchy Chili Macaroni Casserole!
Crunchy Chili Macaroni Casserole
This dinner casserole is a lot of meat, cheese, and crunch. Five simple ingredients layered together for a deliciouness that’s even better reheated the second day! Macaroni and cheese, crushed nacho cheese chips, shredded cheddar cheese, and a pound of hambuger mixed with a can of chili. Meaty, cheesy, and crunchy.
I’ve layered Crunchy Chili Macaroni Casserole a few different ways and our favorite layer is starting with macaroni and cheese on the bottom. It makes a great base so it’s easier to remove from the casserole dish. On top of the macaroni is a layer of crushed chips and shredded cheese followed by the hamburger chili mix. Finishing things off are the remaining chips and cheese for a nice crunchy cheesy topping.
If you want an easy casserole for dinner that the whole family will love, give this Crunchy Chili Macaroni Casserole a try!
Crunchy Chili Macaroni Casserole Recipe
1 Can Hormel Chili with or without beans – your preference
1 Box Macaroni and Cheese
2 Cups Crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375 and get out an 8X8 casserole dish.
- Cook hamburger, and while it is cooking, start the water for the macaroni and cook as directed on the box.
- When the hamburger is cooked, stir in the Hormel Chili and heat through.
- Begin layering the casserole starting with the macaroni in the bottom of the dish, topped with 1 3/4 cups of Doritos and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Top that with the hamburger/Hormel Mixture and cover that with remaining chips and cheese.
- Put in oven for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Pin this Crunchy Chili Macaroni Casserole to spoil your husband with later!