Caramel Apple Bacon Mini Pies are what’s for dessert, because…
Bacon. It makes almost anything better. Bacon is great for breakfast paired with scrambled eggs. Bacon is delicious at lunchtime, stacked on top of burgers.
Bacon is yummy at dinner, crushed on top of salads. Bacon is also tasty for dessert, like these Caramel Apple Bacon Mini Pies!
Caramel Apple Bacon Mini Pies
Getting perfectly crispy bacon is often the key. Having a fantastic grill press is another key to unlocking the deliciousness that is bacon.
I don’t know about you, but I hate when you have chewy fat pieces that barely touch the pan. I like crispy bacon.
- 3 Strips of Bacon (crispy and crumbled)
- Pie Crust (cut into small circles to fit in a cupcake pan. I used a refrigerated pie crust to save time and then cut mini pie crusts with a cup)
- 2 Apples (peeled and diced) – I used Granny Smith’s because that’s what the kids like.
- Bag of Kraft Caramel Bits (melted with 2 Tablespoons water – follow the steps for caramel apples on the back)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Cinnamon Sugar Mix – I just used the jar of what we have mixed for toast
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Cook bacon and crumble – set aside
- Melt 2 Tablespoons Butter in a saucepan
- Add diced apples to butter and saute for a few minutes
- Cut mini pie crusts and place them in a cupcake pan
- Cover apples with cinnamon and sugar
- Add mixture to pie crusts
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Melt Caramel Bits in a pan
- Drizzle over apple pies when you remove them from the oven
- Top with crumbled bacon
More than likely you will have leftover caramel. Guess what it is perfect for?! Caramel Apples with Bacon because you likely have crumbled bacon left too!