Bacon. It makes almost anything better. Bacon is great for breakfast paired with scrambled eggs. Bacon is delicious at lunch time, stacked on top of burgers. Bacon is yummy at dinner, crushed on top of salads. Bacon is also tasty for dessert, like these Caramel Apple Bacon Mini Pies!
Getting perfectly crispy bacon is often the key. Having a fantastic grill press is another key to unlocking the deliciousness that is bacon. I don’t know about you, but I hate when you have chewy fat pieces that barely touch the pan. I like crispy bacon. If you are not a fan of bacon curl either, this Bacon Press is heavy weight and eliminates curly from showing up. It isn’t heavy to handle but it sure puts the press on that bacon. The handle can get hot so I was “kitchen safe” and used my glove. You can also use it to press out fats from burgers and chickens. Pair the Bacon Press with a Cast Iron Grill and you have yourself the perfect meat cooking couple.
- 3 Strips of Bacon (crispy and crumbled)
- Pie Crust (cut into small circles to fit in a cupcake pan. I used a refrigerated pie crust to save time and then cut mini pie crusts with a cup)
- 2 Apples (peeled and diced) – I used Granny Smith’s because that’s what the kids like.
- Bag of Kraft Caramel Bits (melted with 2 Tablespoons water – follow the steps for caramel apples on the back)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Cinnamon Sugar Mix – I just used the jar of what we have mixed for toast
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Cook bacon and crumble – set aside
- Melt 2 Tablespoos Butter in a saucepan
- Add diced apples to butter and saute for a few minutes
- Cut mini pie crusts and place them in a cupcake pan
- Cover apples with cinnamon and sugar
- Add mixture to pie crusts
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Melt Caramel Bits in a pan
- Drizzle over apple pies when you remove them from the oven
- Top with crumbled bacon
- Eat & Enjoy!
More than likely you will have leftover caramel. Guess what it is perfect for?! Caramel Apples with Bacon because you likely have crumbled bacon left too!
*I was provided with a bacon press for my review and recipe. Any opinions and recipe are 100% my own.