Mega Bloks are a lifesaver for me in the morning. The twins are never happy to see daddy walk out the door and go to work.
Every morning at 7AM, we go into their bedroom and dump out our bag of Mega Bloks First Builders on the floor. They are so distracted by the fun that they forget daddy is leaving.
Not only does Mega Bloks save my morning, by they also make for great learning tools! Below are 5 Ways Mega Bloks Make Learning Fun in our home!
5 Ways Mega Bloks
Make Learning Fun
1) Colors: Red, yellow, green, and blue. Mega Bloks help teach colors too! Each month we are focusing on a different color.
When the twins pick up that month’s color Mega Bloks, I make sure to point out the name of the color, several times. Sometimes we even sort them by color and only play with that month’s color.
2) Numbers: One, two, three, and four. Mega Bloks helps teach numbers and more! In the Mega Bloks First Builders there are blocks with one peg, two pegs, three pegs, and four pegs. This is a fun way to teach beginning numbers.
3) Addition/Subtraction: Take the fun with numbers one step further as the kiddos get older. Use the different pegged Mega Bloks for addition and subtraction. Example: What is a two peg Mega Blok plus a two peg Mega Blok? Four!
4) Words: You can use the Mega Bloks First Builders Set to spell out words! The twins aren’t ready for this yet, but when they are, it will be fun to sprawl out on the rug and use Mega Bloks to spell out their names, beginning sight words, and more!
5) Shapes: Mega Bloks First Builders come in squares and rectangles. The pegs are the Mega Bloks are circular. You can take rectangular Mega Bloks and make a triangle. All fun ways to teach the basic shapes!
How do you create learning fun with Mega Bloks?!