Last week I got an email asking if I would like to hop on the phone with Scott Wolf to talk about the Season 3 Premiere of Perception that airs tonight on TNT. Yes, Scott Wolf that so many of us grew up with on Party of Five.
First, I checked out Perception because I gotta be honest, I don’t really watch a lot of TNT. I guess I thought it was more of a “man’s man” channel, but holy buckets was I wrong. I’ve been missing out on some crazy good TV by not watching Perception!
If you are not familiar with Perception it follows Dr. Daniel Pierce, (played by Eric McCormack) a neuroscientist and professor, that has been recruited to help the federal government crack difficult cases.
He has intimate knowledge of human behavior and a masterful understanding of the mind that give him an extraordinary ability to read people. But, his eccentric view of the world and less-than-stellar social skills can interfere with his work.
Perception is a unique show in the crime field. It is more human, warmer, and emotional, even for a murder mystery type of show. Everything exists in a grey area, we are all just a bunch of human beings who are great, and are flawed. – Scott Wolf
Photo Credit: TVRage
Scott Wolf plays Assistant US Attorney Donald “Donnie” Ryan on Perception and is the ex-husband of Kate, (played by Rachel Leigh Cook). A guy that people love to hate because he cheated on his wife, and well, isn’t a nice guy, or wasn’t I should say.
Sounds like we are going to see some changes in Donnie this Season and that may make some of you die-hard Perception fans very happy.
Donnie is such a well written character that I had a good sense of who he was so it doesn’t take a lot of effort. Donnie was the guy you wanted to slap. He wasn’t nice. He cheated on his wife. He has imperfections, but he wanted to be more. He hurt the person closest to him and that’s not the person he wants to be. – Scott Wolf
5 Reasons to Watch Perception Season 3
1) Stellar Cast: Scott Wolf, Eric McCormack, Rachel Leigh Cook, Kelly Rowan, LeVar Burton, and Arjay Smith – As Scott said, ” The cast works well together to bring the stories to life, or at least I hope that’s the perception.” Do you see what he did there? From what I have seen, this cast is amazing together.
2) Storylines: Murder Mysteries with twists, turns, emotion, and heart that show all sides of people.
3) Fight Scene: If you follow Scott Wolf on Twitter, you may have caught a pic he tweeted of “taking a beating at work” for an upcoming scene this season.
4) Extra Layers: You aren’t just getting amazing murder mysteries, you are also getting relationships, friendships, and family.
5) More of the Stuff You Love: More twists and turns and antics and good stuff to come!
Scott, if you happen to read this, thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to chat. It was fun to learn more about Perception and your role as Donnie.
I chuckled when I got off the phone, and my tween daughter says, “I don’t think of celebrities as real people mom. I can’t explain it but I forget they are people too.”
It was funny because during our chat, Scott talked about “driving home from work the other day and it occurred to him that “it wasn’t him” and how it’s “fun being an actor because you get to inhabit other people.” I may have to take on the job of an actor for a day and inhabit the role of “not a mom” so I can take a break.
Photo Credit: TNTDrama