*As a Netflix Stream Team Member, I am provided with a Netflix Subscription, Insider Information, and fun perks. Any opinions and love for Netflix are 100% my own.
I’m pretty sure most kids ask for a pet at some point before their 10th birthday. Most of the time it’s because they are cute and fun, I know that’s why I wanted my first dog, Cupcake. I quickly learned that pets have a lot of responsibility that come with them. Now as a parent, I’m the one teaching my kids to care for their pets. The great thing is, even down to the toddlers, there is a way kids can help with pets!
3 Ways Kids Can Help With Pets
1) Kids can help fill their pet’s water and food dishes. Not only is this helping, but it is teaching kids about responsibilities. For us, it’s easy to keep it consistent, so Little Man checks Mr. Cooper’s dishes when he gets home school.
2) Kids can help brush their pets. Not only is this fun, but its a great way to show children how important grooming is not only for pets, but for themselves.
3) Kids can help train and feed treats. This works if your child can talk. Sit, stand, roll over, and heel are all easy words for kids to pronounce. Having them join in on the training can help your pet learn to listen to the children as well as you.
4) Kids can play with their pets. Play is an important part of having a pet and what kid doesn’t love to play? Keep some balls or squeaky toys where your child can easily access them for pet play time.
Whether you already have an animal member of the family or are thinking about saying yes to the recent, “Can we get a puppy?” question…Netflix has lots of animal inspired movies and shows that are not only cute but deliver important messages. Check out this list of Animal Movies on Netflix and add some to your list.
- The Adventures of Puss and Boots – this new series just began streaming on Netflix January 16th!
- Pet Party
- Clifford’s Puppy Days – this is one of the twins favorites right now!
- Littlest Pet Shop
- The Adventures of Milo and Otis
- Snow Buddies
- Sabrina, The Animated Series
- Step Dogs
- Hachi: A Dog’s Tale
- Air Bud – we’ve watched all the Air Bud and Super Buddies movies, heck I still have the movie tickets stubs from the night hubby and I went to see Air Bud in theaters ….. long before I called him hubby.
- Monkey Trouble – we just watched this a few weeks ago and the kids loved it!