*I was provided with Mezzetta Products for my review. Any opinions and recipe are 100% my own.
Mezzetta is hosting their annual “Make That Sandwich” Contest right now and I put my creativity to the test. The winning sandwich gets $25,000, isn’t that awesome?! Sandwiches are an easy meal that offer endless combinations. Take your standard meat and cheese sandwich up a notch, or several, with Mezzetta’s fantastic olives, peppers, and spreads. Flavorful ways to spice up your sandwich and that’s just what I did with my Sunny Steak Sandwich. Not only is it a great way to dress up your steak, it’s also a kick butt sandwich.
Sunny Steak Sammy Recipe
- Steak – whatever kind you want – I used a left over piece of flank steak from dinner the night before and sliced it up
- 2 Slices Wheat Bread – slightly toasted
- Mezzetta Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Mezzetta Roasted Bell Peppers Strips – chopped up
- Mezzetta Mild Pepper Rings – chopped up
-Spread Mezzetta Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto on Toasted Wheat Bread
-Place Sliced Steak on one slice of toast
-Top with lettuce and chopped Mezzetta Mild Pepper Rings and Mezzetta Roasted Bell Pepper Strips