This shop and Parmesan Chicken Penne has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #thetalkofthetable #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
What would your last meal on earth be? For me, it’s anything Italian. Pasta and a chilled glass of wine are like a slice of heaven. So many variations and it all hits the spot. Especially when it starts to get chilly outside. Some people like a big bowl of soup, but not me. I want a big plate of pasta!
So often we over think planning girls night in, holiday parties, and even fancy date nights in with our spouse. Really, all we need is yummy Barilla Pasta, and a delicious glass of Clos du Bios Chardonnay, for the perfect evening! If you want to plan the perfect pasta night in, I’m going to show you how to do just that. It involves a quick and beautiful tablescape, along with delicious Parmesan Chicken Penne.
First, let’s set the table! For this holiday tablescape, I used an off-white sparkly tablecloth with red place-mat in the middle. On the place mat, are two small holly berry wreaths with sparkly candles placed inside. I opted for flameless because of the twins, but you could definitely use real ones. Between those two candles, place another candle in a candle holder. You could do all sorts of different kinds here, just make sure it is bigger, and compliments the the others. Red places were perfect for this pasta night in, so the Barilla White Sauce would really pop.
Now, it’s time to make simple, yet droolworthy Parmesan Chicken Penne!
Parmesan Chicken Penne Ingredients
- Box Barilla Penne Pasta – #1 Choice in Italy!
- Jar Barilla Alfredo Sauce
- 1lb Chicken Strips (thawed)
- 1 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
Parmessan Chicken Penne Directions
- Make the Barilla Penne Pasta according to instructions on the box.
- While waiting for the water to boil, begin cooking chicken strips on the stove, in oil over medium-high heat.
- When the chicken and Barilla Penne Pasta are almost done, begin heating up the Barilla Alfredo Sauce in a separate pan.
- Once the chicken strips are done cooking, cut them into smaller strips to place on top of the pasta.
- When everything is done cooking, you can begin assembling your plates. Start with pasta, then add the sauce and top that with with strips of chicken. Finish things off with fresh Parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of bread crumbs.
You can’t wait to dig into this Parmesan Chicken Penne, can you?! SO good! Grab a plateful and pour yourself a glass of Clos du Bois Chardonnay for the perfect pasta night in. If you like a bright and refreshing Chardonnay, that is fruit forward, give this a sip.
A little ripe apple, pear, sweet lemon drop, toasty oak, vanilla bean, spice, and butter, make Clos du Bois a great Chardonnay to pair with pasta. Premium Chardonnay at an unbelievable price, makes this great for holiday entertaining, too. What? You don’t get through holiday family gatherings without a little sip? 😉
Are you ready to plan pasta night and make dinner the talk of the table?! With lots of options from Barilla, an authentic Italian food brand, you can create the perfect match between pasta and sauces!
Get more dinner inspiration HERE for your next party!