As the mom of a teen, tween, and toddler twins, I will tell you that a little bit of me time each day keeps you sane. It doesn’t just keep you sane, it helps you remember who you are and that you are more than a mom. Being a mom is amazingly fantastic, but it can consume us. Me Time is highly encouraged around here, and to help you out, I will be bringing you things to do for me time, all year long. Starting with 15 Minute Me Time Ideas for January!
January is still pretty chilly in most areas of the country. You may find yourself enjoying that 15 Minute Me Time inside most days this month. I mixed up the me time ideas for January with indoor and outdoor ideas for you to choose from, based on temperatures in your area.
15 Minute Me Time Ideas for January
- Pick up a guilty pleasure magazine to flip while sipping on a glass of wine.
- Plan your weekly menus.
- Make a detour for a local thrift store after work one day.
- Challenge yourself to a game of solitaire.
- Start organizing photos you’ve shoved into shoe boxes or file folders on your computer. (This is a great idea to do once a week, so you don’t overwhelm yourself with job.)
- Begin a list of goals for 2017.
- Try a new salad or dip recipe that you can throw together quickly.
- Grab the headphones and dance around to your favorite album.
- Enjoy guilt-free time surfing your favorite social media outlet.
- Stop by the local animal shelter for some furry friend love.
- Organize your makeup and toss out oldies.
- Tackle a simple task you have been putting off.
- Decorate your planner with stickers for the month.
- Grab your pen and do some journaling.
- Get the colored pencils out and color yourself calm.
- Start reading a new book.
- Create a vision board.
- Paint your nails a fun new color.
- Take a cat nap.
- Stand in front of the mirror and compliment yourself.
- Clean out your junk drawer.
- Allow yourself to hit the snooze button without feeling guilty.
- Get out the styling tools and try a new hair do.
- Take fun selfies to remind yourself how beautiful you are.
- Give yourself a mini pedicure with lotion, a pumice stone, and nail polish.
- Clean out your dresser and fill a bag for your upcoming garage sale, or donation.
- Write down a travel bucket list of places near you to visit when the weather warms up.
- Sit outside and enjoy the sunset or the sunrise.
- Go for a walk around the block.
- Look through your cookbooks for three new recipes to try.
- Make a list of things you need to buy for Valentine’s Day.
Hopefully there are some things on this list for you to enjoy a little me time in January. I know I’m looking forward to doing many of them myself! What are your favorite ways to sneak in a little me time each day?