I told you all about Summer of Heroes at Disney California Adventure, and part of the fun is drool-worthy Guardians of the Galaxy themed food and drinks! Disneyland invited us to experience Guardians of the Galaxy Mission BREAKOUT! and we tried to experience as much of the Guardians of the Galaxy inspired food and beverages as we could.
Guardians of the Galaxy Themed Foods
We weren’t the only ones trying to get out hands on things like Groot Bread and Cosmic Cocktails. Some items were sold out when we checked and lines were decent in length but moved fairly quickly. The Fairfax Market was out of sourdough Groot Bread but I did score Jalapeno-Cheddar Groot Bread at Cosmic Canteen. Delicious, hot, a little salty, and a lot adorable with his “spikey” hair. Large portion size that is definitely good for sharing with 3-4 people in my opinion.
Guardians of the Galaxy Meals
- Space Outpost Tacos and Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy, a must-try, are inspired by the fiery personality of Gamora, featuring barbacoa, green onion slaw and habanero salsa.
- Obviously Nachos are fried blue corn tortillas with red pepper cheese sauce, mojo-marinated chicken, chipotle crèma and green onions.
- Super Hero Sized Sub include peppered salami, capocollo, ,ortadela, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, pepperoncini and pickled onion on a hoagie roll.
- Promising Future Falafel Pita made with chickpea fritters with pickled red cabbage, yellow bell peppers and charmoula sauce.
- Savory Strength Falafel Pita made with chickpea fritters with spinach, cucumber mint slaw and spiced yogurt sauce.
Guardians of the Galaxy Desserts and Donuts
I did get my hands on the Spider Bite cinnamon-spiced doughnut and it was SO yummy! Crunch red hots around the edge made this a winner but one I couldn’t finish. No way could I have finished one of the Gamma-Sized Donuts filled with blackberry and black currant either, but man did it look good. Other themed donuts and desserts include:
- The All-American Doughnut filled with apple and streusel topping.
- Angry Little Pudding Cup features chocolate pudding with crumbled chocolate sandwich cookie, whipped cream and funnel cake fries.
- Quiver of Funnel Cake Fries with mango and raspberry coulis and whipped cream
- Friendly Neighborhood Macaron – A vanilla ice cream-filled macaroon
Guardians of the Galaxy Drinks
The Guardians of the Galaxy Drinks I spotted were all made in lively colors of green, purple, red, blue and orange to reflect the bold personalities of some favorite Super Heroes. You will find both Guardians of the Galaxy cocktails like the Be Brave, Be Blue and Singulari Tea, as well as kid-friendly beverages like Krylorian Koolers and Strawberry Banana Breakout. Battle Brews looked like a favorite of some of the guests around the Cosmic Canteen and included several different beers.
I also spotted lots of Bifrosties made with shaved ice in fun themed flavors! Flavors of Bifrosties include:
- Spinal Fluid – Banana, mango coulis and chili-lime spice
- Spider Venom – Blue raspberry and cherry with condensed milk
- Smash Ice – Lime and grape
- Whistle Blue – Lime, blue raspberry and blue sugar
- I am Shave Ice – Root beer and vanilla
- Ice Reactor – Strawberry and banana
Keep your eyes out for Groot Sippers that you can take home and use! For just a few dollars more you can get this limited edition cup with adorable movable arms.
Guardians of the Galaxy Themed Food and Drinks can be found at the following locations in Hollywood Land during Summer of Heroes at Disney California Adventure:
- Award Wieners
- Market Place
- Cosmic Canteen
- Knowhere Eats
- Fairfax Market
Learn more about Summer of Heroes at Disney California Adventure and check out this video by SavoringtheGood.com