This post is part of a sponsored campaign for Teletubbies. I received compensation for my participation, and any opinions are 100% my own.
Having four year old twins means pretty much every time we get in the van it’s a road trip. Going to the gas station takes just as along as going to the grocery store and you feel like you traveled halfway across the state after either one. Needless to say, we keep a “Bag of Fun” in the van to entertain the kids. This summer, entertaining preschoolers on road trips is even easier with Teletubbies toys from Spin Master and the Big Hugs DVD from Sony!
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Teletubbies and they are celebrating with “20 Years of Big Hugs” in 2017. One of the most iconic children’s brands, the new series is designed to help young children develop their physical, emotional, and cognitive skills in a warm, loving, and playful environment.
Teletubbies, the iconic preschool show, is back with newly reimagined content now airing on Nick Jr. weekdays at 9:47AM. This new series features 60 brand new 12 minutes long episodes that are great for young children’s attention spans. An all new second season of Teletubbies is coming in July as well!
To help bring Teletubbies to life in your home, there is a line of adorable Teletubbies toys from Spin Master. These cuddly, plush toys include built-in audio clips, music, and interactive features for kids to engage with. Perfect size for taking along on road trips and available now at all major retailers.
A new line of DVD’s from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment are great for entertaining preschoolers on road trips. Now you can bring home, or on the road, the Teletubbies’ latest adventures. Big Hugs and Twinkle Twinkle are both out on DVD! Each one features 6 all-new episodes, as well as fun bonus content that kids and parents can enjoy together. It’s all about exploring, and enjoying life through creative activities and relatable experiences. If you have a DVD player in the car, pop one of these in and you’ll be surprised how quiet the drive is.
Teletubbies Fun Facts
- The original Teletubbies series was filmed outdoors, but filming the new series has been brought indoors into a studio in Twickenham, London using pioneering new production techniques. Many of the familiar outdoor elements remain, including Home Hill and the Windmill. Even the positioning of the pathways remains true to the original series.
- While the Windmill is still there, it has a much more natural look and only stands 25 cm high in reality.
- The Sun Baby from the original Teletubbies, Jess Smith, is now 19 years old! The new Sun Baby is an 18 month old baby from London, named Berry.
- There are 20,000 laser-cut flowers and 40,000 real dried flowers on the Teletubbies landscape model, all of which are hand-painted. Among them are four varieties including buttercups, poppies, daisies, and cornflowers.
- The grass is 6mm high and gets it’s natural feel of a meadow by being chopped and trimmed with nail scissors, hairdressing scissors, and beard trimmers. After cutting, the model was sometimes hoovered with a hand vacuum.
- The hills of Bourne End, Buckinghamshire is what the countryside horizon backdrop is modeled on.
- Noo-noo is the original Noo-noo but has been lovingly restored with a brand new engine and colorful makeover.
- Also updated are the screens in the Teletubbies’ tummies, which have been changed to reflect 21st modern century touch-screen tummies.
- The Tubby Phone is now a touch-screen phone that plays music, speaks, and takes photo. The voice of the phone is Jane Horrocks.
- The slide from the original series has been replaced by Dup Dup, an elevator connecting Teletubbies’ dome to the hills.
- Tubby Custard Ride is a brand new toy for the Teletubbies, that splats out pink custard.
- The title sequence for the theme song was recorded by the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra.
While planning those summer road trips with kids, keep a bag of fun loaded with Teletubbies to keep them entertained!
One lucky Mom on the Side reader is going to WIN 2 Teletubbies DVDs and 2 Talking Teletubbies Toys!
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW