The weekend has arrived and man am I glad to see it this week. It’s been a rough one, with long nights cuddling sniffling coughing kiddos. With snickness and chilly temperatures it’s going to be a Friday Night Disney Family Movie Night! There two new Disney movies on Blu-ray and DVD if you are looking for some family entertainment.
(I was provided with these films. Any opinions are 100% my own.)
Pete’s Dragon on Blu-ray and DVD
You may remember that I attended the Premiere of Pete’s Dragon and shortly after, I shared my Pete’s Dragon Review with you. It truly is a movie that takes you back to childhood, and I did just that when an Disney VHS case showed up on my doorstep the other day! 😀
If Disney on VHS doesn’t take you back to childhood, I don’t know what does. Or maybe I do… 😉 Pete’s Dragon is out on Blu-ray today, so you can bring the magic home! 🐲 And no, sadly no real VHS inside but still super cool to tell my toddlers what this “big box movie” is! 😁 #Disney #Pete’s dragon #VHS #retro #movies #dragons #kids
Pete’s Dragon Blu-ray Bonus Features
- Notes to Self: A Director’s Diary: Director David Lowery narrates the personal diary he kept through the filming of “Pete’s Dragon” in this intimate and fascinating look at the movie’s making.
- Making Magic: Discover fun facts about what went into designing this spectacular, lovable dragon.
- “Disappearing” Moments: The director shares a montage of the film’s “lost” scenes.
- Welcome to New Zealand: Experience the wonders of New Zealand and learn why it’s a magical place to visit … and to make a movie.
- Audio Commentary: Gain an insider perspective from director David Lowery, co-writer Toby Halbrooks and actors Oakes Fegley and Oona Laurence.
- Music Videos: “Nobody Knows” by The Lumineers | “Something Wild” by Lindsey Stirling featuring Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
The BFG on Blu-ray and DVD
Another great Disney Movie that released recently, is The BFG! The twins surprised me with their love for this movie, as I thought they were a bit too young. Not at all and they’ve asked to “watch the giants!” several times since our advanced copy arrived.
The BFG Blu-ray Bonus Features
- Bringing “The BFG” to Life: Ruby Barnhill (Sophie) hosts a phizz-whizzing journey through the making of “The BFG.” This behind-the-scenes documentary details the film’s progression through interviews with Roald Dahl’s daughter Lucy Dahl, screenwriter Melissa Mathison, executive producers Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Kristie Macosko Krieger, and numerous members of the talented cast and crew.
- The Big Friendly Giant and Me: Sophie wasn’t the first “bean” in Giant Country—many illustrations were created as if drawn by a little boy who was there long before Sophie. This charming, in-world short will bring the drawings to life with animation and narration, recounting the friendship and the dreams shared between the boy and the Big Friendly Giant.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG: A whoopsey-splunkers tutorial on the meaning of the gloriumptious gobblefunk in “The BFG.”
- Giants 101: Jemaine Clement (Fleshlumpeater) and Bill Hader (Bloodbottler) introduce us to the loathsome giants in “The BFG,” along with movement choreographer/motion capture performer Terry Notary, who collaborated with the actors and Director Steven Spielberg prior to filming to develop their movements and character traits.
- Melissa Mathison: A Tribute: An homage to Melissa Mathison, the extraordinary, Oscar®-nominated screenwriter of “The BFG” and “E.T.,” whose talent and heart were as immense as the giants in “The BFG.”
Order copies of The BFG on Blu-ray and Pete’s Dragon on Blu-ray, and grab these printable Pete’s Dragon Activity Sheet for you Friday Family Movie Night with Disney! Plus, scroll down and enter for your chance to WIN a Digital Download Code for Pete’s Dragon! The winner will be drawn on Sunday so enter while you can!
One Mom on the Side Reader is going to WIN a Digital Download Code for Pete’s Dragon!
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW!