This Berry Pecan Salad and Rubbermaid FreshWorks Review are sponsored review and I received free product from SheSpeaks Any opinions are 100% my own.
Pretty sure my backyard should become a strawberry patch. The twins can put down a pint in one sitting, and there are four other people in the house who love strawberries too. Most of the time we enjoy them alone, or dipped in powdered sugar. Recently I made this Berry Pecan Salad, and it’s definitely a spring salad to fill a plate with!
Berry Pecan Salad
Berry Pecan Salad Ingredients
- 1 Cup of Spinach Leaves
- 3 Strawberries – quarted
- 8 Blueberries
- 4 Slices of Red Onion – sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Crushed Pecans
- Salad Dressing: Honey Mustard and Creamy Poppyseed both work great with this salad!
Fill a plate with spinach leaves and top with strawberries, blueberries, sliced onion, and crushed pecans. Drizzle with dressing and dig in! Everything together is like spring on plate if you ask me. Tossing produce in the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Savers means I can enjoy this salad all week long.
Spring and summer have more fresh produce on the menu. Are you having to toss produce because it spoils after just a few days? I know I have, and it’s frustrating and costly. As a result of throwing away fresh produce, Americans waste $24 billion worth of produce every year, which is the equivalent of $192 per household!** That’s why I’m loving Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver.
There are three important reasons the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Container keeps produce fresher up to 80%* longer than traditional produce packaging.
- FreshVentTM Lid: Patented membrane naturally regulates the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide to create the optimal environment so your produce stays farm fresh.
- Produce Container: Sized to optimally fit and keep produce fresh, longer.
- CrispTrayTM: Elevates produce away from moisture and promotes proper airflow to help prevent spoilage.
The Rubbermaid FreshWorks Container is microwave and top shelf dishwasher safe, as well as BPA-free. They are currently available in three sizes to hold all types of produce:
- Small (2.5 Cups): Ideal for small berries.
- Medium (6.3 Cups): Perfect for strawberries.
- Large (17.3 Cups): Optimal for leafy greens.
While you are picking up the ingredients for this Berry Pecan Salad, keep your eyes out for the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Savers near the produce aisle.
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.
** Source: USDA 2014
Thanks to Rubbermaid, one lucky Mom on the Side reader is going to WIN a 3-Piece Rubbermaid FreshWorks Set!
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW
Pin this Berry Pecan Salad for later!